Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £300 – £340
Contract Duration: 6 Months Initial (Likely to extend)
TEC Partners are recruiting for a Web Developer to join a big-name client of ours in the games industry. As a Web Developer sat alongside fellow engineers, designers and artists, you will be responsible for helping to build the core web components used to implement various designs, along with extending and developing the toolchain to support the current and future needs of their projects. They are big believers in high-quality engineering and, since they are developing their products as services, they aim for fast iteration but with a focus on robust methods. This means that they embrace modern development practices such as continuous delivery, automated testing, code reviews, pair programming and agile methods.
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
* As a Web Developer you’ll deliver high-fidelity web-based solutions to support the studio’s next games
* Build creative solutions to technical problems encountered
* Continuously work to minimise technical debt and maintenance hazards
* Champion quality in the development process, taking an active role in improvement of engineering
* Be part of the studio’s culture; Be inquisitive, try things out, break stuff, help people be even better, think like you own the place
* Liaise with other teams, help identify technical challenges, formulate programming APIs and identify core player value
* As a Web Developer you’ll need Modern Web Development skills e.g. HTML, Node, React (preferable), Angular
* C# and .net frameworks
* CSS and Pre-processing
* An understanding of Design Patterns and Object Oriented Design
* Experience with Azure and Service Fabric
* Experience of working in an Agile environment where peer reviews are part of development
* An understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Systems e.g. Team City, Octopus, Jenkins
* Understand the complexities of working on multi-lingual products
This is a chance to join a dynamic and thriving team, and work in an exciting and forward-thinking environment, with a big name in the gaming industry. If you are an experienced Web Developer and have a strong selection of the necessary skills/experience, then get in touch right away to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in the position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.