Location: Twycross, Leicestershire
Rate: £30,000 – £32,500
Duration: 18 months
TEC Partners are recruiting for an experienced and talented VFX Artist, with a healthy mix of art and technology skills, for a big-name client of ours in the games industry. As a VFX Artist, you will help create real-time particle effects such as magic, fire, explosions and environmental effects on the company’s next big game. This is a truly exciting time to get involved, and a fantastic company to work for, so this could be just the role for you!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
* Responsible for creating in game particle effects
* Responsible for placing effects in the world
* Working collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges.
* Develop a deep understanding of the Art direction and create effects to support the vision
* Create effects to realistic budgets and take ownership of the memory and performance costs of your effects
* Most VFX Artists will work across all areas to some degree (particle creation, shader creation, particle placement, texture simulation, texture composing and performance optimizations) – but there is also room for specializing!
Skills and experience:
* Experience of creating real-time particle effects in game engines like Unreal or Unity
* Experience of using industry standard content creation software (Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop or equivalents)
* Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, After Effects or similar is a bonus
* Experience with shaders is a bonus
* Self- motivated and passionate about the end result
* Able to take constructive feedback to improve work
* Good eye for quality control and detail
* Proactive and organized
* Able to respond quickly and efficiently to difficult creative changes
* Experienced in dealing with the idiosyncrasies of team project work
* Good documentation and communication skills
* A Passion for games and to create something special!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading AAA games studio who are an iconic name in the games industry, and play an exciting and vital role as a VFX Artist working on their next big game. You will join a friendly and passionate team and a fantastic working culture. If you are a VFX Artist with experience in and passion for the games industry, and have the skills listed above, then this is just the role for you – get in touch right away to find out more!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.