Day rate: £140
Duration: 5 months initially
TEC Partners are working on a very exciting new requirement in the games industry, looking for a VFX Artist to join a project working with a household name, AAA games studio. As a VFX Artist, you will focus on helping to create real-time particle effects such as magic, fire, explosions and environment effects for projects focused around the studio’s latest flagship game. This is an opportunity for a VFX Artist with a healthy mix of art and technology to work on one of the most interesting projects out there, and get a big name and title on your CV too.
Key responsibilities include:
* Creating in-game particle effects
* Ensuring that effects are setup correctly in the level
* Creating effects from concept to completion for different gameplay requirements
* Contributing to content creation workflow and tool development for the VFX team
* Working collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges
* Developing a good understanding of the art direction and create effects to support the vision
* Creating effects to realistic budgets and take ownership of the memory and performance costs of your effects
What we’re looking for:
* A professional portfolio or VFX blog
* Experience of at least one full project cycle as a VFX Artist for current gen games or film production
* Experience of creating real-time particle effects in game engines like Unreal or Unity
* Good knowledge of content creation packages (Real-time VFX engines/Houdini/Maya/After Effects etc.)
* Some knowledge of programming languages such as Python or HLSL would be beneficial
* Ability to work independently and in a team
This is an opportunity for a VFX Artist to join a very talented team, and work for one of the best studios out there on projects centred around a well-known, AAA game title. With a fantastic working environment and lots of responsibility, this one is not to be missed. If you are a VFX Artist with experience creating real-time particle effects then get in touch right away to avoid missing out!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.