This role is for an exciting Microfluidics/MEMS start-up company who are set to revolutionise gene synthesis as part of their fast-growing expansion in the field of synthetic biology. As their first dedicated Test Engineer, you will be an integral part of the close-knit multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electronic and software engineers, synthetic and surface chemists, physicists, and biologists, all working towards the first product release in 2022.
Test Engineer Role:
You will work as part of the Integration team as the Test Engineer, sitting at the interface between our Science and Engineering teams. Your role will be to support the development of experimental platforms that allow the development of DNA transport technology.
You will work closely with our scientists to develop an understanding of their requirements and distil them into a design that the engineers can deliver on. You will be directly involved in the testing, analysis, and characterisation of the platform during development, and will provide a continuing supporting role to the scientists as the platform evolves.
Test Engineer Requirements:
* A STEM degree
* A passion for hands-on problem solving
* Familiarity with electrical test equipment such as SMUs, benchtop DMMs
* Great communication and inter-personal skills. The ability to collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
* An interest in developing a broad understanding of the scientific and engineering aspects of DNA synthesis transport technology
Test Engineer Desirables:
* Programming skills (Python advantageous)
* Knowledge of biophysics
* Experience with microfluidic devices
* A keen interest in electronics / hardware prototyping
* Experience using Arduinos
As this company are ever growing, they can offer an attractive benefits package which includes contributory pension, private medical care and life insurance.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply right away with an up to date CV.