Technical Sales Manager – Cambridge – Life Sciences / Informatics
Still conducting remote interviews and hiring during COVID-19
This company performs rapid analysis of scientific literature and data to generate actionable insights for the pharma and biotech applications. They have seen significant growth in overseas markets and are expanding their Sales team.
Technical Sales Manager Role
The role of the Technical Sales Manager is to work closely with the Sales teams to secure new business and to build on existing customers. Facilitating technical discussions and providing product demonstrations, the Technical Sales Manager will work to scope out clearly defined projects that demonstrate the capabilities of the Informatics platform and ultimately convert into long-term commercial relationships.
* Working closely with the sales team to drive new business development opportunities and attending meetings as a technical expert
* Understanding customer usage, and providing effective solutions
* Working with the project delivery/management teams to ensure post-sales processes run smoothly and that customer requirements are effectively met
* Liaise with customers to understand and capture project requirements
* Helping the sales team scope customer proposals with the sales team
Technical Sales Manager Duties
* Scope, draft, and manage customer engagements from pilot test to ongoing usage
* Monitor and report on progress of existing commercial projects
* Deliver product demonstrations to both prospective and existing customers
* Provide support at external and internal customer facing events
Technical Sales Manager Experience
* Proven experience in Life Sciences / Bioinformatics / Informatics. Experience in text mining would also be an advantage
* Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the technologies and vendors commonly used in the informatics industry
* Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience working with informatics
* Able to clearly articulate capabilities to a customer organisation across all levels
* A good team player with the ability to work using own initiative
* Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision
* Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and demonstration skills
* Previous knowledge of working within in a similar role and/or organisation
* Genuine interest in technology and the desire to continue learning to drive career development
You will be involved in helping companies to tackle complex issues in biotech, with the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages innovation and personal development. You will also enjoy working in a close, friendly team where what you contribute makes a tangible difference. They also offer a competitive salary, with a whole host of excellent benefits.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch without delay with Ben at TEC Partners!