Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: Negotiable (Dependant on experience)
Contract Duration: 12 Months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for a Technical Artist to join a big-name client of ours in the gaming industry. You will be part of a small and dynamic team whose key responsibility is to push for quality and efficiency wherever possible. Working with all Art teams and engineering disciplines, you will help define and assist in making flexible content pipelines, work collaboratively on new cutting-edge features with the programming teams, whilst always searching for ways to improve. If you are an experienced Technical Artist who wants to be part of something special, then we want to hear from you!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Working with the Art Director to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
* Be responsible for identifying and creating tools to improve art pipelines.
* Supporting the Art and Engineering teams, helping to resolve technical difficulties.
* Using your experience to identify production risks and development improvements across the Art team and the company as a whole.
* Implementing briefs provided by other teams to a high standard, delivering reliable tools in a realistic timeframe.
* Proactively identifying new technologies and techniques that will improve the game.
* When required, creating concise documentation of toolsets that the team can rely on.
* Helping plan budgets and performance guidelines for the Art teams.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experience:
* A professional portfolio or technical blog.
* At least one full project cycle in a Technical Art position.
* Degree in Computer Science/similar related subject or equivalent development experience.
* Minimum 2-3 years’ game development experience, with experience in seeing projects from beginning to end as a Technical Artist.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as Python/C#/C++/HLSL.
* Deep knowledge of 3D creation packages (Maya/Max/ZBrush/etc.)
* Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current game development practices and terminology.
* Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent is a plus.
* Solid knowledge of 3D graphics and rendering techniques, especially lighting and shading, would be a bonus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and thriving team, in a fantastic working environment, and work on large and exciting projects with a big name in the games industry. This is a name you will want on your CV!
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.
Job Reference: NT-TA_1525165090
Salary: £150 - £400 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Start Date: