Duration: Until end of June 19 initial (view to extension)
TEC Partners are working with a global giant to assist them with their search for an experienced Technical Artist. Their tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together. To get there, they’re incorporating diverse, ground-breaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more. They’re growing a team of talented engineers and artists, putting technology on a human path across all their devices.
As a Technical Artist in the Human Understanding team, you will work closely with a team of world class scientists to create synthetic training data for machine learning. In particular, you will contribute to models of human identity, motion, and expression. You will help to define how to build assets that are both realistic and easily controllable, building upon high resolution 3D scans and motion capture animation data.
What they’re looking for:
* Strong understanding and knowledge of animation rigs, and animation tools
* Tooling: Blender, preferably Maya, ZBrush and Substance Designer
* Knowledge of Python scripting
* 3+ years of experience as Technical Artist
* Excellent complex problem-solving and communication skills across both artistic and technical disciplines
* Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of R+D work
* An expert eye for 3D asset quality
* Preferable: Experience with photogrammetry scan data, e.g. Agisoft
* Preferable: Experience with motion-capture animation data
* Preferable: Experience in automating conversion and cleanup of scenes, models, and materials from multiple formats and renderers
This is an opportunity for an experienced Technical Artist to work on arguably one of the most interesting and innovative projects in the world. Not to mention work with the research arm of one of the biggest and most respected companies in the world. They are willing to be very flexible on the day rate – because they want the best! If you are a Technical Artist with a strong list of the skills above, then we want to hear from you right away.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV for immediate review.