Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £200
Contract Duration: 18 Months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for a Technical Animator to join a big-name client of ours in the gaming industry. You will work with their Lead & Principal Technical Animators, as well as game engineers, to help develop and implement state-of-the-art animation state machines which solve both technical animation issues and show off the animations to their very best. If you are a Technical Animator who is happy solving technical problems, but also has an artistic ‘animators’ eye to see when things are implemented correctly, then this one could be for you!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Implementation and upkeep of quality technical animation solutions which are both elegant and performant.
* Ability to keep to both time and platform constraints.
* Maintain clear and concise documentation to communicate requirements to both internal and external teams.
* Take art and design requirements and provide creative solutions to challenging briefs.
* Making sure native C++ code is performant and meets engineering guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experiences:
* At least one full project cycle working as a Technical Animator with state machine systems.
* An excellent understanding of animation implementation using Unreal Engine 4 (other animation systems, e.g. Unity, CryEngine or Endorphin, will be considered).
* Up to date knowledge of current technical animation techniques and systems.
* A working knowledge of Unreal 4’s C++ Native code implementation.
* Knowledge of IK setup and implementation including driven bones and ragdoll.
* Have shipped AAA Console/PC titles as a Technical Animator.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as Python/C#/C++/HLSL.
* Creative and passionate approach to problem-solving.
* Proactive, organised, able to work and communicate as part of a team and independently.
* Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and thriving team, in a fantastic working environment, and work on large and exciting projects with a big name in the games industry. This is a long-term piece of work as contracts go, and this is a name you will want to have on your CV! If you are an experienced Technical Animator with a strong selection of the above skills/experience, looking for your next opportunity, then get in touch right away to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in the position, please send your
Job Reference: NT-M8_1521046296
Salary: Up to £200 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 18 Months
Job Start Date: