Systems Test Engineer
TEC Partners have connected with a leading communications consultancy in the search of a Satellite Communications Systems Test Engineer, based in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking communications systems engineering tasks to support the ongoing test programmes that are necessary to ensure mission success. This role will typically require development of the verification/test strategy which encompasses sub-system acceptance, integration and end to end system testing of cutting-edge satellite communications networks
* Development and execution of test plans and procedures for complex mobile and fixed SatCom network
* Development and execution of test cases which incorporate satellite payload, ground systems, satellite radio networks, IP and service networks, OSS and BSS technologies
* Identifying and troubleshooting system communication paths and capacity performance, as well as conducting post-test data analysis and reporting
* Create test reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues
* Review/comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and develop plans for and conduct anomaly test and analysis as require
* Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (e.g., Electronics / Communication Systems).
* Testing experience in a minimum of 2 environments ranging from stand-alone/integrated testing, factory acceptance testing and operational networks)
* Experience of conducting tests, collecting and analysing data from tests, communicating results and anomalies to test lead through both presentations and formal test reports
* Experience in the troubleshooting of network, RF signal connection and protocol problems
* Experience and knowledge of IP Network design, including routing and VoIP
If you feel you have the relevant skills to perform in this role, then please get in contact as soon as possible.