Software/Games Development Engineer
Day rate: £300-£350+ (negotiable)
Duration: 4 months initially
TEC Partners are working with the research arm of one of the world’s biggest and best technology companies, who are looking to recruit a Software/Games Development Engineer to join an exciting, cutting-edge research project team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Software/Games Development Engineer, who has an interest in machine learning, to work with some of the world’s best researchers and research engineers at the bleeding edge of our rapidly evolving technological world.
As a Software/Games Development Engineer, you will work alongside prominent researchers and experienced engineers on developing novel Reinforcement Learning-based game experiences. This will include working on the game engine code to prepare it to run RL experiments, running cutting-edge RL algorithms and participating in the development of cloud infrastructure needed to run large-scale RL tasks.
* Collaborate to generate and showcase novel machine learning techniques in a AAA video game
* Modifying game engine code to allow it to be driven by RL agents
* Writing Python code necessary to run RL experiments
* Develop novel game scenarios and prototypes, ranging from environments for testing out research ideas to public prototypes and high-fidelity demonstrations
* Planning your delivery to ensure the team can efficiently leverage the results of your work
What they are looking for:
* Educated to BSc (required) or Masters (desired) level in Game Development, Software Engineering or related discipline
* Proven industry experience working with AAA games (C++)
* Hands-on knowledge of C++
* Python experience desirable
* Experience with, interest in or motivation to learn about machine learning (particularly Reinforcement Learning)
* Strong communication skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
* Familiarity with Azure services and/or other cloud platforms and technology is a plus, as is familiarity with Linux/Unix
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software/Games Development Engineer with a passion for games and an interest in machine learning to join one of the most innovative projects in this space going on in the world right now. You’ll have the chance to work with some of the world’s best and brightest and get involved with real cutting-edge innovation and R&D. Plus, this is a name you will really want on your CV! If you are a Software/Games Development Engineer with a strong selection of the skills listed above, get in touch right away to avoid missing out.
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.