Software Engineer – Python/C#
Location: Remote (Cambridge Based)
Rate: £50,000 – £60,000 Pro-Rata
Duration: 8 months initially
TEC Partners are working with the research arm of one of the world’s biggest and best technology companies, who are looking to recruit a Software Development Engineer to join an exciting, cutting-edge research project team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Software Development Engineer to work with some of the world’s best researchers and research engineers at the bleeding edge of our rapidly evolving technological world.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work alongside prominent Researchers, Physicists and experienced Engineers on developing, novel data storage experiences unis Python and C#. This will include working on feature design work, modifying code already existing and testing their changes. This role is ideal for someone who is able to work productively modifying an existing codebase, managing sophisticated hardware devices, occasionally in a multi-threaded context.
* Collaborate to generate and showcase novel data storage techniques
* Working on the systems controlling the data process
* Writing Python and C# code necessary to run data experiments
* Develop novel data scenarios and prototypes, ranging from environments for testing out research ideas to public prototypes and high-fidelity demonstrations
* Planning your delivery to ensure the team can efficiently leverage the results of your work
What they are looking for:
* Educated to BSc (required) or Masters (desired) level in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
* Proven industry experience working within the Software Development industry
* Hands-on knowledge of Python, Numpy and C#
* Experience with, interest in or motivation to learn about Data
* Experience in modifying an existing codebase, managing complex hardware devices and Multi-Threaded Code
* Strong communication skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
* Familiarity with Azure services and/or other cloud platforms and technology is a plus, as is familiarity with Linux/Unix
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Development Engineer with a passion for data and an interest in physics to join one of the most innovative projects in this space going on in the world right now! You’ll have the chance to work with some of the world’s best and brightest and get involved with real cutting-edge innovation and R&D. Plus, this is a name you will really want on your CV! If you are a Software Development Engineer with a strong selection of the skills listed above, get in touch right away to avoid missing out.
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.