Software Engineer (Data Engineering)
£45,000 – £55,000 + Bonus + Pension
TEC Partners are exclusively recruiting for a software engineer to join a well-known gaming company based in Cambridge. The studio is currently going through a large recruitment drive due to them implementing a new strategy and vision. As you can imagine, the gamers are at the heart of everything they do, so the data they provide is fundamental in making this new vision a reality.
This is a brand-new role and will support the Data Engineering team in developing to tools to more accurately capture data. The company take Data Analytics very seriously, gamers are at the heart of everything they do, so make sure they capture their experiences accurately is key. They process and manage vast amounts of data and to speed up deliver to the teams, they are building new, high performance, infrastructure. The team take advantage of cloud technologies extensively, along with virtualisation and containerisation. Successful candidates will have strong experience in the following –
* Cloud expertise, specifically AWS, (Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, EMR)
* Deep understanding of AWS monitoring and profiling
* Strong Virtualisation/Containerisation experience (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Fargate)
* Experience with Design Patterns
* Experience with either one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
* Microservices and distributed architectures experience (design and implementation)
This is a truly exciting role, where you’ll be instrumental in helping deliver new ways of reporting data for the company. The company are fantastically stable, and you’ll be joining a team rich with expertise, knowledge and success.
If this role feels like it could be for you, please do get in touch for more details.