Software Engineer (Data Engineering)
£45,000 – £55,000 + Bonus + Pension
TEC Partners are exclusively recruiting for a software engineer to join a well-known business based in Cambridge. The company is currently going through a large recruitment drive due to them implementing a new strategy and vision. As you can imagine, Data is at the heart of everything they do, so this team is fundamental in making this new vision a reality.
This is a brand-new role and will support the Data Engineering team in developing to tools to more accurately capture data. They process and manage vast amounts of data and to speed up deliver to the teams, they are building new, high performance, infrastructure. The team take advantage of cloud technologies extensively, along with virtualisation and containerisation. Successful candidates will deliver on the following –
* Develop clean and well-structured code using design patterns and best practices
* Participate in all aspects of agile software development and software lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, deployment
* Define best practices and processes, seeking to continuously improve and streamline development practices
* Create software and tooling necessary for build and deployment pipeline automation
* Mentor and coach the other team members
Technical experience in the following is required –
* Knowledge and experience in AWS Services (Lambda, S3, EMR, DynamoDb, etc.)
* Proven history of adopting production related processes, deployment pipelines, reviews
* Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes Clusters
* Deep understanding of design patterns and good code practices
* Understanding of OO Python
This is a truly exciting role, where you’ll be instrumental in helping deliver new ways of reporting data for the company. The company are fantastically stable, and you’ll be joining a team rich with expertise, knowledge and success.
If this role feels like it could be for you, please do get in touch for more details.