Software Engineer (C++/TypeScript)
Day Rate: £500 per day
Duration: Until end of June initially
TEC Partners are working with a world leader in technological innovation who are looking to recruit an experienced and passionate Engineer into one of their key projects. Do you want to contribute to developing highly innovative research-driven ideas, empowering people and organisations to achieve more? If so, then we want to hear from you!
The project team is responsible for improving functionality and performance of Excel Online, applying programming language research ideas to make spreadsheets a better programming language. This has involved implementing Excel’s calc engine client-side, in TypeScript, using modern programming language techniques.
They are now looking for an engineer to extend and complete this project, with the core responsibility of:
* Implementing logical, mathematical, grid, database, date etc. libraries
* Testing the correctness of these libraries
Skills they are looking for:
* Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
* Some experience of performance analysis, particularly web/node.js applications
* Some experience setting up and running build, compile, test, CI/CD pipelines
* Ability to collaborate and work with multiple disciplines (PM, dev, design, research)
This is a chance to work with a world leader in technological innovation, with the ability to directly influence mainstream software technologies – in this case, Microsoft Excel. If you have a strong selection of the skills listed above and want to work on a project that will empower a huge user community to do more, then get in touch right away.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV for immediate review.