Social Media Manager
Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £110 – £140 (Depending on experience)
Duration: 6 Months Initial
TEC Partners are recruiting for a Social Media Manager to join a big-name client of ours in the games industry. As part of the Community Team, who are responsible for direct contact between the studio and their players. The team are looking for someone with proven experience in managing social channels for a brand or product in the games industry, with a clear idea of what content does and doesn’t work for each channel. You will reach a total following of over half a million and growing.]
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work with the Engagement Manager to determine social media strategy, following a long-term social calendar to bring campaigns to life.
* Execute this content effectively on social channels, dedicating substantial time to delivering broadcast posts and engaging with players and followers.
* Constantly monitor performance of broadcast content to improve and refine the content delivered, regularly reporting on sentiment and performance for both internal and external stakeholders.
* Work with in-house teams to communicate game updates, issues and improvements promptly and effectively in the right tone.
* Keep up to date with social media trends, best practice, platform features and what other game developers and publishers are doing on their social channels.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experience:
* A minimum of two years working in a community/social media role within the games industry.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Intimate familiarity with a range of social channels.
* Proven experience of owning projects from incubation to execution.
* Experience of working in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team.
* Ability to multitask, combining planning and reporting with hands-on running of channels.
* Previous experience with paid promotion on social channels.
* An understanding of how games studios can use social channels to acquire, engage and retain players.
This is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team delivering high quality content, engagement and entertainment to a community of over half a million. A big-name studio with a recent AAA release, this is a name you will want on your CV!
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.