Site Services Engineer in Thetford – paying up to £37,000
A well known manufacturing business in Thetford are looking to hire an experienced Site Services Engineer on a full time, permanent basis. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will take full responsibility for all site services needs, from preventative maintenance, repairs and servicing of various parts, components, valves, pumps and machines.
Responsibilities will include:
* Operate to a high degree of Health and Safety standards
* Operate within the HSE protocols
* Carry out corrective maintenance activities
* Carry out small projects and modifications
* Assess machine breakdowns and resolve issue quickly
* Carry out test runs and start-ups of installations and systems, following any repair work
* Produce proposals for improvements
* Manage and support contractors who are joining from outside of the business
* Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance inspections
* Carry out corrective maintenance repairs
* Carry out general maintenance
Candidates with the following experience, knowledge and skills will be required:
* Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship background
* Good General Workshop skills**
* Proven Welding Skills (both Arc, MIG & TIG)
* Brazing and Silver Soldering experience
* Pipe work Skills
* Pump Diagnosis and Maintenance Skills
* Knowledge of Steam and associated equipment
* Sprinkler Systems knowledge
* Background or experience carrying out electrical work
**Applicants who have worked within similar roles in the food manufacturing/production industry will be highly favourable.
In return you’ll get the opportunity to work for a leading, well known business whose products are recognised and used heavily across the UK. The business offer an excellent salary and benefits package, which includes 25 days holiday (+ 8 Bank Holidays), Company Pension (up to 5%), Life Assurance (4 X your salary) along with double time pay for shutdowns and an extra day’s holiday for the Christmas shutdown.
They are also offering very flexible working hours, so potential for early start/early finish, or late start/late finish – depending on your needs and requirements.
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.