Site Reliability Engineer
£45,000 – £55,000 per annum
My client in Norwich is seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join their team in Norwich.
In this position you will:
* Support and continuously improve tooling used by the development team to create efficiencies in the
* Increase application observability and monitoring
* Monitor latency, traffic, errors and saturation, identify issues and work with the development team to
* Oversee production releases and be responsible for streamlining deployment and rollback processes.
* Be security conscious with continuous monitoring of security issues and remediation.
* Be responsible for operations support.
* Own and manage our development, testing and production infrastructure and associated costs.
* Be responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
* Introduce automation in all of the above to streamline and de-risk.
* Own and manage the delivery of privately hosted and on-premise versions of the platform
* Is keen to work in a small team with big responsibilities.
* Takes pride in availability, performance and security of production systems.
* Enjoys picking up and implementing new tools and frameworks.
* Has the ability to think from a user’s perspective.
* Works well in a team by contributing and listening to ideas before arriving at a technical solution.
* Has a passion for software development and operations and is keen to share ideas and knowledge to improve the team/the platform/the company.
* 2 or more years of experience in DevOps or SRE-related roles.
* Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, and modern distributed SaaS infrastructure.
* Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, ICMP,
VLANs, the OSI Model, IP Subnetting, and Load Balancing.
* Understanding of good monitoring and alerting practices, using tools like Datadog and Cloudwatch.
* Focus on security in the delivery of all levels of a system.