Shift Engineer (Multi-Skilled) in Thetford – paying up to £42,000
A well known manufacturing business in Thetford are looking to hire two Shift Engineers, on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting into the Engineering Supervisor, you will manage a team of engineers to provide production & breakdown cover on the sites Production facility. You will support production operations by ensuring all engineering & maintenance tasks are carried out within each specific area.
Responsibilities will include:
* Carry out corrective maintenance activities
* Carry out small projects, and modifications as required
* Quickly assess the nature of the breakdown & act accordingly
* Test run & start-up of installations and systems following repairs to ensure correct operation
* Investigate proposals for improvements encouraged
* Carry out PPM inspections & maintenance & carry out corrective maintenance repairs
* Carry out general maintenance as required
Candidates with the following experience, knowledge and skills will be required:
* HND / HNC in Engineering (either Mechanical or Electrical)
* Experience working within a fast paced manufacturing environment (preferably Food or FMCG)
* Fault diagnosis and logical thinker
* A thorough understanding of primary skill (either Mechanical or Electrical)
* Good understanding of secondary skill (either Mechanical or Electrical)
* Knowledge of motors & motor control
* Ability to read, understand & work with Schematic Drawings & diagrams
* Basic electrical wiring and maintenance skills
* General Workshop Skills
* Capable of self organisation & be self-motivated
In return you’ll get the opportunity to work for a leading, well known business whose products are recognised and used heavily across the UK.
The business offer an excellent salary and benefits package, which includes 25 days holiday (+ 8 Bank Holidays), Company Pension (up to 5%), Life Assurance (4 X your salary) along with double time pay for shutdowns and an extra day’s holiday for the Christmas shutdown.
3 Shift Rotation Days: 6am to 2:30pm / 2pm to 10:30pm / 10pm to 6am
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.