Currently working with a leading engineering business in Diss to hire an experienced SHEQ Advisor (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Assurance) who will be responsible for developing, delivering & ensuring the businesses systems meet legislative, customer & best practice standards. You will also be responsible for driving pro-active reporting & continuous improvement across the business too.
Responsibilities will include:
* Create & maintain proper Environmental, Health & Safety standards, as well as Quality Standards with both customers & suppliers.
* Advise Senior Management on the maintenance & continuous improvement of the Business Management System.
* Continuously improve Behavioural Safety & Unsafe Situation Reporting processes.
* Support the quality & process, continuous improvement programme.
* Work with Senior Management to propose & assist in the delivery of lean manufacturing techniques.
* Ensure a programme of internal QA & EHS audits is in place.
* Liaise with external auditors as and when required.
* Work with Managers & support teams to ensure Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments & Emergency response processes are in place and periodically reviewed.
* Facilitate the Corrective Action Request register.
* Oversee maintenance of the businesses carbon ‘Net Zero Company’ certification.
* Manage & maintain the businesses Tool & Equipment Calibration Database.
In order for your application to be suitable and considered, you’ll need to demonstrate the following in your CV:
* IOSH Managing Safely qualified, with experience of Managing Safety in a manufacturing/engineering business.
* Experience where you have been responsible for product quality, in a manufacturing/engineering business.
* Trained in & working experience of internal or customer audits.
* Understanding of LEAN manufacturing in an engineering environment.
Whilst not essential, applicants with additional experience/qualifications in the below will be highly desirable:
* ILM/CMI Level 3 or equivalent.
* NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and in Environmental Safety.
* Level 3 Certificate in Quality Management.
* Experience of manufacturing or engineering within the automotive industry.
In return, you’ll join a stable and established business, working on some really interesting and niche projects, in a growing and technical industry. Additionally, you’ll receive an attractive salary and benefits package, alongside significant scope for career development.
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.