Senior Software Engineer – Deployment Pipeline
Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: Negotiable (dependant on experience)
Contract Duration: 6 – 18 Months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for an experienced Software Engineer to join a big-name client of ours in the games industry, in their Deployment Pipeline Team. If you have a strong background in Software Engineering and are looking for an exciting and challenging new role then this is the one for you!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
The Deployment Pipeline team is a small, empowered team with big dreams. They are responsible for reducing the time it takes between deciding to make a change to having it available to players. They enable the studio to experiment and test hypotheses through an effective feedback loop, in a reliable, quick and sustainable way. Their mission is to be able to release the latest features to their players at the push of a button, without even having to be in the studio.
* Enable Developers and Artists to iterate locally as fast as possible.
* Provide a world-class development environment, scalable pipeline and infrastructure that enables the team to develop, experiment with and deliver high-quality features quickly and with confidence.
* Solve the complex problems and challenges of developing games at scale, such as continuously optimising the commit stage without sacrificing stability and quality.
* Help them run part of their deployment pipeline off-premises.
What we are looking for:
* Several years’ experience in software design, programming and debugging – preferably in a range of languages.
* Enthusiasm for modern development techniques.
* Experience implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration systems.
* Experience with software configuration management tools.
* Experience managing version control systems.
This is an opportunity to join a team of friendly, talented developers who like nothing better than sharing their knowledge and expertise. This is a role where every day will provide you with an opportunity to experiment and learn. If you are looking to grow, you’ll have access to the range of challenges you need to truly broaden your experience. Not to mention, this is a name you will want on your CV!
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.