Senior Narrative Designer
Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Rate: £30,000 – £35,000
Duration: 18 months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Narrative Designer to join a big-name client in the games industry, working on a new AAA-title. As a Senior Narrative Designer, you will work as part of a team to develop game lore – the creatures, the characters, the history and the themes that bind them together. You will be responsible for envisaging the living stage on which incredible player-created stories can take place, working with game designers, artists and engineers to ensure that everything about the world is coherent and meaningful.
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
* Own an area of the project and take responsibility for the communication of that area to the wider team
* Write in-game text for adventures, NPC gossip and retrieved historical fragments
* Build out characters, making each one part of the world’s folklore with a life of their own and a part in the culture
* Develop the world map, imbuing it with a backstory reflected in distinctive locations
* Ensure that team members are aware of what is tonally consistent and aligned with the creative team’s vision
* Maintain coherence between narrative elements
* Maintain the team’s internal wiki site, ensuring that information is discoverable and relevant
What they are looking for:
* Excellent written communication skills
* Proven ability to build worlds
* Previous experience in creating and editing copy to a high standard
* Ability to switch between different writing styles, tones and copy lengths, writing clearly and succinctly on subjects while retaining game tone
* Ability to work independently and as part of the Design team, sharing the lore across the entire team
* Passion for and experience of games and gaming culture
* Demonstrably enthusiastic about communication and the written word
* Manages work effectively and is well-organised and self-motivated
* Can work effectively to long-term plans
This is a fantastic opportunity for to join a world-class games studio as a Senior Narrative Designer, and take responsibility for world and narrative building and be given scope to create and realise your own ideas. You will play a key and varied role across the studio, and will have real impact. If you have previous experience as a Senior Narrative Designer – or are passionate about games, have a creative mind and a strong selection of the skills listed above – then this is a fantastic opportunity and one you will not want to miss out on! Get in touch right away to avoid missing out.
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.