Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
My client a reputable manufacturing business based in Cambridge is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the New Product Development Team working on some of the latest production systems from concept through to product launch.
Working closely with the Mechanical Design team you will be responsible for creating new designs and developments for some of their latest products as well as managing the development, documentation and maintenance of the whole mechanical engineering process.
* Design and develop all mechanical / electrical aspects of new products and prepare technical drawings and documentation for the Product Development Team.
* Full Lifecycle engineering – Concept through to production.
* To action the mechanical design and development of new machinery, assemblies and components.
* Working closely in new product development on the development of concepts and be responsible for the testing, investigation and verification of new products.
* Experience working in New Product Development teams within a manufacturing business.
* Experienced with designing complex electromechanical systems.
* Knowledge of injection moulding.
* The ability to work within a project environment and to defined timescales.
* Solidworks knowledge preferred but not essential as training would be provided.
* New product design experience is a must.
* Knowledge of FEA stress analysis. (finite element analysis)
* Mechanically biased engineer with high knowledge of industrial automation.
* Mechanical Engineering qualification
* Stable business with a great progression path.
* Competitive salary and benefits
* Modern office with great company culture and work-life balance.
Please apply for more information and other Mechanical Design Engineer roles in Cambridge similar to this.