Senior Data Engineer
£55,000 – £75,000
TEC Partners are recruiting exclusively for a Senior Data Engineer to join a well-known gaming company based in Cambridge. The studio are currently going through a large recruitment drive due to help them achieve another year of record growth, to deliver an exciting strategy.
The Studio’s goal is to build a new gaming platform by developing a first class Analytical Data Platform, able to receive, interpret and feed data (generated by players) back into games. This is to help improve gaming experience, along with delivering valuable data insights and dashboards. This data is critical to the product teams, so that they can understand what the customers want and where both their enjoyment and pain points are.
You will be working in an exciting and vibrant environment, where you will be engaged in architectural designs, cutting edge technologies, testing and profiling, evaluating software solutions and programming. You will naturally push evolution in how we think about analytics, data science and business intelligence to make them a leader in this space!
Key requirements to be successful:
* Expert knowledge and experience in AWS Services (Lambda, S3, EMR, DynamoDb, etc.)
* Expert knowledge and experience with big data ecosystems and infrastructure including Hadoop, mapreduce, Vertica, Snowflake, etc.
* Proven history of adopting production related processes, deployment pipelines and reviews
* Expert in Agile, proven experience working with Product Owners to expand user stories into engineering tasks, ensuring development is focused and impactful
* Significant experience in launching new data products that were successful not least due to contributions from Analytics, Data Science and Data Engineering teams, with measurable return
* Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes Clusters
* Deep understanding of design patterns and good code practices
* History of working with senior management on long-term strategic planning and budgetary processes
* Understanding of current & future business needs relative to the gaming and technology industry
* Thorough knowledge of analytics, technology, trends and competitors
* Experience with online entertainment
* Experience in building strong relationships within a company and empowering your team to do the same
* Knowledge of technology services including Puppet, LDAP, Flume, NetBox and Foreman
* Proven capabilities as a vision-holder for engineering
– Flexible Working
– Bonus Scheme
– Private Health Care
– Gym Membership
– Generous Pension Contributions
– Life Insurance
– Free Cycle Repair
– Income Protection
– Dental Plan
– Free Fruit and Drinks
– Subsidised Canteen
If this sounds like you, please contact Harry Calvert at TEC Partners and apply below now!