This role is an exciting opportunity for a Computational Biologist to join a ground breaking biotech start-up in the Cambridge area.
You will be afforded the opportunity to be part of a company that is making a tangible difference to unlocking effective cell therapy treatments, and their Computational Biology team works on a key component of their platform. You will be working alongside a dedicated cross-disciplinary team who are all striving to push the boundaries of cell programming.
Computational Biologist Responsibilities:
* Explore new data sources, plan and progress new project ideas to initiate novel proof-of-concept projects.
* Conduct high-level bioinformatics research aimed at the development of novel therapeutic and non-therapeutic projects.
* Work as a pivotal part of the research and development team, conducting complex data analyses independently, as well as part of a wider project group.
* Provide high-level scientific expertise for new and ongoing research projects, contributing to all phases of a project, from experimental design through to execution and reporting.
* Collaboratively work with our scientific and commercial teams to evaluate the feasibility and desirability of the new projects.
* Analyse and interpret challenging data, including single-cell datasets, from multiple cell conversions, identifying and resolving technical issues.
* Develop the data analysis infrastructure as part of the Cell Informatics team.
* Act as a mentor to junior staff within the company.
* Provide technical training in specific techniques and technologies.
* Seek new ways of working or improving current processes to increase capacity and/or enhance quality.
Computational Biologist Profile
* PhD or MSc in Computational Biology or related field, plus 5/8 years of follow-on experience, respectively.
* Proficiency in R and Python, and expertise in high-throughput sequencing data analysis and integration.
* Direct single-cell data analysis experience is highly desirable.
* 4+ years working in human disease/biology.
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment, and successfully manage complex projects against defined timelines.
* Demonstrated ability to promote and encourage working in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists (internally and externally).
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
* Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and “can-do” attitude.
This role is with a truly revolutionary company and offers an unrivalled opportunity to be part of their journey moving forwards. If this role sounds of interest to you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly with Jamie @ Tec Partners.