Job Title: Security Operations Engineer
Salary: Up to £70,000 p/a + excellent benefits package
We are proud to be working alongside one of Cambridge’s leading tech companies and assisting them in the search for a Security Operations Engineer. Working within the Information Security and Risk Management team, you will be at the forefront of Information Security efforts across the business, with the aim of establishing and maintaining the services and infrastructure required for swift incident resolution and effective response to security alerts. The ideal Security Operations Engineer will bring considerable commercial experience and a wealth of technical expertise to the role.
Security Operations Engineer – Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
-Robust and varied commercial experience within the information and cyber security domain, underpinned by hands on experience in IT system and network administration – SOC experience would a distinct advantage.
– Strong techncial knowledge and commercial experience of SIEM / Log Aggregators (Generic Syslog, Darktrace, Splunk, IBM QRadar, LogRhythm, , ) Tools & Processes
– Scripting skills in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
– Knowledge and experience of vulnerability/compliance, patch management, anti-malware, APT, identity and access control management toolsets
– Experience with common information security frameworks (ISO 270x, ITIL, COBIT, NIST or CIS)
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Knowledge of performing vulnerability tests
– CISSP, CCSK and/or a postgraduate degree related to the informtion security field.
Security Operations Engineer – Duties and Responsibilities:
– Take a leading role in the design and implementation of technical security controls
– Oversee and orchestrate processes to opoerate within a Managed Security Operations Centre (SOC)
– Develop and implement a supporting function to the outsourced SOC
– Maintenance and administration of IDS/IPS and WAF policies
– Monitor, detect and resolve security incidents identified by the SOC.
Security Operations Engineer – Perks and Benefits:
– Annual bonus
– Generous pension contributions
– Private healthcare
– Subsidised gym membership
– Flexible working
This is a critical role for our client. If you are seeking a new challenge and would like to find out more, please don’t hesitate to apply. Interviews and ongoing work will be conducted remotely and at the very earliest opportunity.