Research Programme Manager
Location: Cambridge / Remote
Rate: Competitive annual salary dependant on experience
Duration: 12 months
TEC Partners are working with the research arm of one of the biggest global tech brands in the world, who are currently looking to recruit a Research Programme Manager into one of their most exciting and high-tech research programmes. This a truly unique and fascinating opportunity – as a Research Programme Manager, you will play a key role in some of the most cutting-edge technology research projects anywhere in the world.
The role will sit within their Cloud Infrastructure research team, focussed on research on Optics for the Cloud. The team are focussed on a programme of research to advance and enable the adoption of optical technologies in the rapidly growing field of cloud infrastructure and data storage. The team are looking for an experienced and dynamic Research Programme Manager to work closely with them and their industrial and academic partners.
* Work closely with a highly multidisciplinary team and internal and external partners across the business to identify rapidly evolving priorities and implement effective operational solutions to sustain rhythm of development
* Manage team budget and drive cost efficiency; including the production and coordination of reporting as required
* Act as interface between team members and hardware suppliers: translating specifications; ensuring item delivery is in line with project milestones; and processing documentation
* Follow documented procedures to ensure the compliance of business processes, such as secure data handling, non-disclosure agreements, strengthening relationships with partners and customers
* Apply experience and look for opportunities of growth to evolve processes, services, and solutions and improve the customer, partner, and internal group experience
What they are looking for:
* Likely to have a good degree in engineering or science
* At least 5 years’ experience working as a programme manager (or similar) developing new cutting-edge technologies
* Highly desirable experience in cloud storage systems and/or advanced optical technologies
* Experience in managing highly multi-disciplinary projects (computer science, optics, robotics, electronics, software, mechanics)
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Understanding of fundamental business processes and challenges
* Personal integrity, initiative, curiosity, and exceptional judgement
* Strong financial control – estimating costs and tracking spend against progress
This is a one of a kind opportunity to join one of the best research teams on the planet, and play a vital role as a Research Programme Manager. You will work on amazing projects and make a real impact on keeping them on track, working with a high-performing, high-tech, multi-disciplinary research team. If you are an experienced Research Project Manager with the skills and background listed above, then get in touch right away to find out more. You don’t want to miss out!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.