Research Community Engagement Manager
Rate: £49,000 – £52,000 (pro-rata)
Duration: 6 months
TEC Partners are working with the research arm of one of the biggest global tech brands in the world, who are currently looking to recruit a Research Community Engagement Manager to help them collaborate their high-tech research programmes. This a truly unique and fascinating opportunity – as a Research Community Engagement Manager, you will play a key role in managing the Research Technology Professionals (RTP) Community as an audience across Europe, Middle East, and Africa, collaborating with Researchers and Engineers in the business to communicate about open-source programmes and initiatives with the RTP community and more broadly.
The company wants to help research technology professionals to accelerate research outcomes on the cloud using Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft solutions. To achieve this, they want to provide skilling, training, and community opportunities to this audience through the creation of a Research Technology Professionals community.
* Drive registrations to the Research Technology Professionals community and drive certification
* Manage the engagement and participation in existing Research Software Engineering (RSE) communities
* Proactively organise RTP virtual events such as bootcamps, webinars, hackathons
* Manage incoming requests to support Research Technology Professional requests
* Collaborate with Researchers and Engineers to communicate about open-source programmes and initiatives with the RTP community and more broadly
What they are looking for:
* Strong spoken and written English language skills
* Demonstrable strong technical competence, including Azure certification
* Demonstrable Research Software Engineering competence
* Highly organised with previous experience in programme management
* Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research or a related STEM field
* Must have at least 2 years of experience in Research Engineering
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and cloud computing preferred
* Working knowledge High Performance Computing preferred
This is a one of a kind opportunity to join one of the best research teams on the planet, and play a vital role as a Research Community Engagement Manager. You will work on amazing projects and make a real impact on keeping them on track, working with some of the brightest research minds anywhere in the world. If you are an experienced Research Community Engagement Manager (or similar) with the skills and background listed above, then get in touch right away to find out more. You don’t want to miss out!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.