Currently recruiting an R&D Engineer for a growing manufacturing business near Thetford who are looking to bolster their R&D team.
Reporting into the R&D Manager, you will be involved in varying phases of the design project life cycle, from initial product inception, right through to product launch. As such, experience taking a product through this entire process is essential, along with proven background in the following:
* Be able to identify New Product potential by assessing designs and Quality Assurance requirements
* Deliver costings for new product introduction by managing specific developments in each project
* Investigate and implement project improvements to improve manufacturing efficiency’s, along with product quality improvements.
* Reduce costs to both new & existing products by improving initiatives as and when required.
* Drive product improvement and assist with production build/efficiency improvement projects, including improvements relating to the production process, design & equipment layout.
* Provide technical support to the wider business on both product and build process activities.
In order to be successful, you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications:
* Proven design and project experience, preferably from within the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Pharmaceutical sector. Research and Development exposure would be an obvious advantage too.
* Experience managing a project from initial specification, right through to product launch.
* A Masters / Honours Degree in Engineering
* Knowledge of Hazardous Area Product Design would be an advantage with specific understanding Hazardous Area certifications.
* Experience using CREO would be preferable, but any 3D package would be acceptable as training can be provided.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity to be involved in a hands on product design role whereby you’ll be able to have an actual impact on projects. The business have been operating for many years and have an international client base with a significantly strong order book for the future.
If you have the skills and experience required, and would like to be considered please submit a copy of your CV straight away.
Job Reference: J709_1547120045
Salary: + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering