Quality Review Editor
Day Rate: £150
Duration: 2 months initial
TEC Partners are working with a global name who are looking to recruit a Quality Review Editor into their UK News team to support an initial short-term project. The company operate one of the UK’s most popular websites with around 16 million unique users every month. They distribute content from premium partners and some of the biggest name in news.
They are looking for a Quality Review Editor, whose primary responsibility is to read and review news articles and other content, evaluating and judging each content item’s adherence to their standards and overall quality. As such, the successful candidate will need to be able to apply good editorial judgement and be able to work efficiently across a large volume of content while maintaining attention to detail.
* Read, review, and judge content according to guidelines and other instructions
* Meet daily targets for quantity of content items reviewed
* Copy edit and optimise headlines and photos
* Communicate feedback and suggestions for workflow and tools improvements
* A ‘can do’ attitude
* Attention to detail
* Good judgment and decision making
* Ability to follow instructions
* High standard of computer literacy
* A strong interest in news is desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong interest in journalism and news to work for one of the largest companies in the world on one of the biggest websites in the UK. Prior experience in an editorial (or similar) role may be beneficial, or a degree in journalism or similar may also be useful.
If you are interested in the position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.