Our client a growing manufacturing business based in Ipswich, Suffolk has a brilliant opportunity for someone with experience of working as a Project Engineer, Development Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer who is looking for the next step in his or her career within a fantastic forward-thinking company. Great role for a dynamic and enthusiastic thinking professional that likes to be involved in projects from prototype to completion.
* Work with the operations team in the assembly and test of prototype assemblies and assigned project builds, managing and training assigned virtual teams.
* Prepare, test and qualify production and test methods and in-house tools/jigs and apply to the manufacturing process of assigned projects.
* Support the business in the assessment, installation and qualification of new suppliers, manufacturing technologies and tools.
* Support the quality team in the completion of internal process, client and external supplier audits.
* Support the commercial team in the generation of labour and material estimates for assigned projects.
* Proactive engagement, support and implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Attend internal project reviews, ensuring that assigned actions are up to date and on time.
* Generate, control and maintain Bills of Materials and assembly documentation
* Provide daily technical support to resolve engineering, production and quality issues
* Promote 6S and other manufacturing principles within the business.
* Understanding of working with ISO’s
* On time delivery of project based tasks in accordance with published Project Plan timelines and Commercial budgets.
* Effective implementation of new suppliers, manufacturing processes, technologies and methods.
* Timely support and resolution of technical issues internally and externally with Clients and Suppliers alike.
* Minimum HND qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Technical project based experience.
* IT skills including high proficiency level in the use of CAD, Microsoft Excel, Project and Word.
* Experience in Bill of Materials and Change Control processes.
* Clear understanding of technical drawings and specifications.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
You will need to come from or have a manufacturing background ideally working within a project management, manufacturing, design, or development role.
My client will provide full training on their products so a desire to learn and progress your career is a key.
A fantastic package with a clear progression path put in place for the ideal candidate.
Please contact TEC Partners for other Project Engineer vacancies similar to this in Suffolk and Ipswich.