A leading manufacturing business on the outskirts of Norwich are looking to hire an experienced Production Manager on a full time, permanent basis. This is a shift based role, with rotating shifts of 7am to 3pm one week, 3pm to 11pm the next week and finally 11pm to 7am.
You’ll join a successful production team, managing the entirety of the Production process, including planning & setting production schedules, controlling stock, managing, leading & motivating staff, as well as ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to throughout the site.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Ensure Production facility is operating efficiently
* Carry out planning of Production Schedules
* Collate data and present reports relating to Production KPI’s
* Full management of Production, ensuring long term business goals are achieved
* Support with the hiring, coaching & mentoring of Production staff
* Implement high quality processes & cost saving initiatives
* Ensure efficient utilisation of space within the production facility
* Support with planning of future capacity requirements
* Manage labour costs through effective planning of work rotas
* Look at Continuous Improvement
* Manage Health & Safety, looking at reducing hazards, ensuring safe systems of work are operated
* Ensure the working environment is managed to the highest standards using 5S techniques
In order for your application to be considered, you’ll need the following skills and experience:
* Experience in a Production Management role, from within a manufacturing/engineering business
* Strong leadership skills, able to mentor, develop and train teams and staff
* Good Health & Safety background
* Good understanding of LEAN manufacturing and Continuous Improvement processes
* Able to work on a 3 week rotating shift pattern
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package, along with significant scope for career development and progression.
If you have the skills and experiences outlined above, submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.