A leading manufacturing business in South Norfolk, who are going through an interesting period of growth, are looking to hire an experienced Production Engineer. This is a multi-functional role and the successful candidate will find themselves involved in a wide variety of production activities, improvements in plant and process, problem solving activities, engineering and other projects across the business.
Reporting in to the Manufacturing Director this is a crucial hire for the business and one that will see you working with a wide range of managers, production employees and other functions across the business both supporting and leading a wide variety of process, product, and manufacturing changes and improvements.
Responsibilities will include:
* Providing a process technical problem investigation and resolution resource to the factory
* Investigation, action execution and project management on a range of factory improvement projects
* Process improvement to deliver improved lead-time, customer service, productivity and material efficiency
* Deputising for the Manufacturing Director when required
* Absence cover for other members of the production management team
* Coordinating the implementation of new product designs into the factory to full productionisation
In order for your application to be considered you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications.
* A good quality degree in engineering (the precise engineering discipline is not important but you will need a good grounding in engineering principles)
* Proven experience within a manufacturing/production environment. You will need to be able to demonstrate a good track record of delivering factory improvements.
* Thrive in a factory environment with an ability to lead and communicate with employees in all functions within the company.
* Be confident working under pressure and to deadlines.
* Familiar with production improvement techniques.
* CAD capability
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, alongside the opportunity to join a business at the beginning of an exciting period of growth. The role would suit an experienced and technically competent Production Engineer who enjoys the production environment.