TEC Partners are working with a global technology powerhouse in the search for an Optical Scientist/Engineer, based in Cambridge.
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for a skilled Optical Scientist/Engineer. With a PhD in optics, experimental quantum physics or related discipline (electrical engineering, nanosciences, etc) or degree plus equivalent professional experience.
You must be skilled and bring a strong background in several of the following areas (experimental):
* High average power lasers
* Ultrafast lasers/optics
* Laser material processing
* Quantum optics
* Cryogenic experiments
* Microwave setups and measurements, magnetometry
* Spatial light modulators
* High resolution optical microscopy
* Nanomechanical systems
In addition, the candidate must possess the following skills:
* Instrument control (in Python), data analysis and acquisition
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision towards defined task milestones within a team environment
* Strong understanding of quantum phenomena in materials in nanoscale
* Good organisational skills, capable of managing multiple simultaneous tasks effectively
* Besides their qualifications for experimental research, candidates should in general provide a high degree of independence, a genuine interest in exploring new physics and technologies, and a general motivation to perform work in a highly collaborative spirit.
If this sounds of interest please apply with with an up to date CV.
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.