An interesting new position has become available with our client, one the UK’s largest energy providers. Due to continued growth within projects, our client are in need of an experienced O&M Technician to join the team on a 6-9 month contract with the option to potentially go permanent.
Working on a shift pattern of 4 days on 4 days off, 12 hour shifts, your responsibilities will be:
* Undertaking routine Operations and first line maintenance, defect repair and diagnostic tasks to ensure safe and reliable availability of the operational plant complying with legal requirements.
* Providing the necessary support to ensure the Operations Department manage the sites Health, Safety and Environmental performance, compliance with relevant site management systems, practices, policies and legislation.
* Building and maintaining competence levels in: operation and maintenance of plant, permit to work system, safety rules and emergency procedures and other tasks and duties of the operations and maintenance technicians
* Providing Service Support function to the Operations department and ensure defects and status of any maintenance activity is effectively communicated to the shift teams
* Supporting the O&M team in conducting and coordinating incident investigation (technical and HSE), ensuring reporting standards are maintained and coordinating the completion of actions
* Resolving defects whilst maintaining performance and meeting operational targets by returning plant to normal operating service
* Supporting the delivery of low cost contracts, monitoring performance and review with direction and support of the maintenance/engineering team leader
* Carrying out first line maintenance activities, with response to emergency / unscheduled situations in the event of abnormal incidents in order to protect plant and personnel ensuring compliancy with safety and environmental policies
Skills and Experience
* Experience working in a similar role with experience of working with gas turbines
* Multi skilled engineer with strong fault diagnostics/maintenance skills in mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics
* Confident with SCADA control systems
* IOSH trained would be beneficial
* Strong knowledge of H&S systems
This role is an immediate requirement. If your profile meets the criteria please don’t hesitate to apply.
Job Reference: TPOMT01_1533821880
Salary: £25 - £30 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: