TEC Partners are working exclusively with a fast-growing Cambridge start-up, combining AI, computational biology methods and deep pharmacology expertise, to identify existing drugs that may treat the 350 million people that are affected by rare diseases! This exceptional business is looking for an experienced natural language processing engineer & machine learning developer to help the team grow quickly.
You will be the main developer of their Natural Language Processing technology:
● Building systems for text mining and natural language processing, using existing open source tools and novel development
● Improve upon and validate our Named Entity Recognition (NER) of diseases, genes and drugs
● Expand to cover additional entity types and have a strong understanding of biomedical NER to choose the best open source or custom approaches
● Implement relationship extraction algorithms to find links between diseases, genes, proteins and drugs in biomedical text
● Take over development of deep learning approaches to relationship classification
Carry out machine learning and data science analysis:
● Applying data science and statistics to validate and extract value from data generated by NLP
● Implement machine learning algorithms to capitalise on data extracted by NLP, including network analysis and KB completion
● Improve upon existing neural network / deep learning technology. Evaluate where deep learning can be data analysis problems
● Collaborate closely with software development team to ensure text mining results and algorithmic predictions are incorporated in their tools and pipelines
● Exchange ideas about algorithm development with other members on the technical teams and work together on particular projects
● Develop code in Python following solid software engineering and testing practices (some understanding of Java is useful for third party tools)
● Assist where needed on project delivery and respond to requests for custom NLP or analysis
If this sounds like you, please contact Harry Calvert at TEC Partners and apply below now.