Mechanical Engineer – Medical Devices – Cambridge
TEC Partners are recruiting in partnership with an exciting leading medical devices manufacturer to expand their R&D Mechanical Engineering team with a Mechanical Engineer.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will carry out a range of engineering activities for innovation projects to identify, design and develop new drug delivery products.
Your role will focus on supporting the development of medical devices from early-stage product concept to readiness for clinical trial product. You will do this by providing input into technical reports and design documentation, procuring prototype parts using techniques such as rapid prototyping and by supporting technical analysis of mechanical systems e.g. FMEA and DFMA.
Mechanical Engineer core requirements:
* An engineering degree at minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
* Demonstrable experience of using 3D parametric systems such as SolidWorks
* Experience of analytical engineering analysis
* Experience of conducting test analysis and writing reports
* A ‘can do’ attitude and plenty of initiative
For more experienced Mechanical Engineers we are also looking for:
* Working knowledge of FMEA and DFMA
* Knowledge of the ISO 13485 Quality system
* Experience of developing plastic components for high volume manufacture using injection moulded components
* Project management experience
* Medical Device experience is advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Medical Devices manufacturing business, and in return they are paying highly competitive salaries with an excellent benefits scheme. If you want to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment designing life changing products, then please apply without delay.