This role is with an award-winning spinout company that have developed revolutionary technology in the field of Cellular Reprogramming. They are expanding rapidly, and as part of this are looking to hire in the Manufacturing/Process Development team.
You will be part of a highly talented team supporting the process development, scale-up and optimisation of GMP manufacturing for a wide range of iPSC cells. You will work collaboratively with the R&D function, and other teams across the business to deliver exceptional results. It is imperative
Manufacturing Development Scientist Responsibilities:
* Work collaboratively with the team to develop manufacturing processes, SOPs and process transfer into GMP manufacture, under supervision from Senior Members of the team.
* Facilitate manufacturing development projects delivery by assisting in their planning, execution and analysis of results. This will include optimising key processes such as cryopreservation, QC criteria establishment, running functional assays and designing experiments.
* Coach and mentor junior members of the team by providing both practical and intellectual support
* Work closely with the group lead to establish, monitor and report key performance indicators to the Head of Manufactruing
* Assist in product benchmarking and support the Product Manager to meet product launch timeframes.
* Promote a proactive, continual improvement culture and systems to maintain high standards of service and good practice.
* Proactively identify and determine current and future resource requirements
Manufacturing Development Scientist Requirements:
* Hold a degree in biological sciences / stem cell biology (or related field) with 1+years’ experience in a relevant role
* Be process oriented and demonstrate experience in working to SOPs.
* Be a motivated scientist demonstrating the highest scientific rigour, operational skill and work standards.
* Be a team player – prioritise team goals
* Go above and beyond to achieve favourable company results
* Human induced pluripotent stem cell biology, characterisation and culture systems.
* Cell phenotyping and functional end point analysis e.g. flow cytometry, qPCR, ICC, MEA analysis.
* Excellent time management, organisation and communication skills.
* Expertise in continuous improvement (e.g. LEAN, 5S) and experience of working to a QMS.
* Have knowledge of cGMP processes & regulations applicable to human iPSCs.
* Possess experience in cell culture automation systems and their implementation for cell manufacturing
* Demonstrable experience developing operational infrastructure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading business that are growing rapidly. They offer excellent remuneration packages, with unrivalled progression and development opportunities.
If this role is of interest and you wish to find out more details, then please get in touch with Jamie at TEC Partners directly.