Job Title: Linux Operations Engineer – Security Focused
Duration: 3 months rolling
Company location: Cambridge (interviews and ongoing work will be conducted remotely)
We are working closely with one of Cambridge’s leading tech businesses and assisting them in the search for an experienced Linux Operations Engineer. This is the ideal role for a talented Linux specialist with strong commerccial experience in the cyber security field to apply their expertise to some exciting new project initiatives.
Linux Operations Engineer – Key Duties and Responsibilities:
– Work with both the Security and Operations teams to establish specific security improvements and implement them within live operations
– Assist in the implementation of a managed external SOC
– Plan and deliver effective network zoning
Linux Operations Engineer – Technical Skills and Attributes Required:
– Strong technical knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
– Strong technical knowledge of Networks
– Strong technical knowldge of security best practices and frameworks (NIST / ISO) and vulnerability management / implementation
– Experience with Puppet, Git
– Experience with cloud computing (AWS and / or Terraform)
– Excellent communication and customer service skills, along with the ability to deliver high standards of work under pressure, often in a time-sensitive environment.
A full list of duties and responsibilities can be provided on application. This is a critical appointment for our client and remote interviews will be taking place at the very earliest opportunity. Don’t hesitate to apply!