Location: Witham, Essex
Day Rate: £200 – £250
Duration: 12 months
TEC Partners are working on an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Lead Artist to join a highly anticipated project in the games industry, bringing back an old school, cult-classic game. The announcement of this project has been talked about widely in the industry, and as a Lead Artist, you can play your role in recreating history.
As the Lead Artist, your role will be to plan, organise, follow-up and evaluate work produced by the art team, as they create high-quality environments and 2D production assets for use in-game. You will also be expected to contribute to the art itself, creating production-quality assets to be used within the game.
What we’re looking for:
* At least three years’ experience in the games industry.
* Examples of strong 2D work/portfolio (experience in 3D is also desirable).
* Comprehensive knowledge of Unity game engine (experience of other engines is also desirable).
* Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and/or equivalent packages.
* At a minimum, experience of one full development cycle from pre-production to shipped title on PC/console.
* Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
* Ability to work directly with a Creative Director and/or Art Director to translate their vision into actionable tasks and content.
* Experience in team leadership and management.
* Strong organisational skills including ability to multitask, work to deadlines, plan and prioritise own workload and that of others.
* Great problem-solving skills.
This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in recreating a classic game and work on a project which is surrounded by lots of anticipation in the industry. If you are a Lead Artist who is passionate about the games industry, and is interested in recreating a bit of gaming history, then get in touch right away to find out more!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.