Laboratory Services Manager – Cambridge
TEC Partners are recruiting on behalf of a well-established Biotechnology company, who are launching a new laboratory service operation in early 2021 to expand customer access to their validated assays and they need an exceptional individual to take responsibility for developing and growing this arm of the business. Delivering first class service to their customers will be an absolute priority in this role which will require proven experience in science, services and people management.
Laboratory Services Manager role:
They are looking for a talented and motivated individual to build and lead their Laboratory Services offering, providing services to customers worldwide.
* Initially, and as required in the medium term, run customer samples in the laboratory
* Recruit, build and manage the Laboratory Services team
* Take responsibility for the delivery of our current services to customers within expected SLA metrics (turnaround time, quality). This includes reporting and communicating results to customers and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ensuring all samples and experiments are fully recorded and traced in the LIMS platform, and overseeing ongoing development of LIMS
* Increase lab capability and capacity in line with increasing demand
* Ensure compliance across the service laboratory with ISO 17025
* Interface with customers, understand their needs and surpass their expectations
* Work alongside the Assay Development group to implement new protocols and SOP’s to continually expand the menu of Laboratory Services offered to customers.
Laboratory Services Manager requirements:
* PhD or equivalent experience in biochemistry, biophysics or other applicable experience in a high technology environment
* Previous team leadership experience essential, ideally in the fee-for-service space
* Familiarity with LIMS platforms
* Experience with Six Sigma, 5S and/or Lean methodologies
* Professional and competent with excellent customer facing skills
* Outstanding technical communication skills both written and verbal
* Independent, methodical and precise approach to work and strong attention to detail
This role is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to shape this new department from the start then develop and grow it into a significant fraction of the business. This Biotech have grown phenomenally over the last few years, and have recently transitioned to a commercial, revenue-generating business. If this role sounds of interest, don’t hesitate to apply with an up-to-date CV.