An engineering business in Thetford are looking to hire a Junior Project Engineer with an electrical background to carry out a range of design work in relation to client quotations.
You’ll also be responsible for carrying out costings of build-ups based on key project specifications, including Project Estimates, Bill of Materials for Low Voltage Switchgear, Instrument Control Panels, PLC ‘s and Motor Starters.
Reporting into the Technical Director, you’ll play a key role in designing project solutions in relation to client enquiries, conceptual designs and draft tender responses.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Investigate and understand enquiry documents from clients, preparing design concepts and formal tender drafts in relation to customers deadlines.
* Manage technical clarification process throughout tender life cycle
* Write & review contract files for the Design office in preparation for handover.
* Go to bid clarification meetings (both nationally & internationally) as and when required
* Obtain compliant quotations from sub vendors
* Formulate accurate cost build-ups.
* Review technical content of Purchase Orders.
* Review contracts on received sales orders.
* Review proposals & contract handovers
In order for your application to be successful, you’ll need the following experience:
* Background electrical engineering
* Experience writing/drafting technical documents & report writing
* Some experience using AutoCAD electrical (or similar software)
* Previous experience working in an engineering environment
* Qualification in Electrical Engineering
In return, you’ll work for a growing engineering business with an excellent reputation for innovation and development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package, alongside the chance to further your career.
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.