Job title: Internet Systems Engineer
We are assisting our client in the search for an Internet Systems Engineer to join their team in Oxford. The ideal candidate for this fantastic new role will be a technical leader, mentor and subject matter expert on all things DNS / DNSSEC.
Internet Systems Engineer – Technical Skills, Experience and Attributes:
– Extensive technical knowledge of DNS/DNSSEC and associated software (BIND, Unbound, PowerDNS, Unbound) and Internet networking protocols (BGP)
– A strong understanding of automation / configuration management tools (Ansible) and virtualisation technologies
– Strong Linux administration (RedHat) and scripting skills (Python)
– A very strong understanding of the cyber-security landscape and risk mitigation
– A natural problem solver and technical leader who is comfortable mentoring and guiding other team members in high pressure situations.
Internet Systems Engineer – Duties and Responsibilities
As the Internet Systems Engineer you will be responsible for designing and operating DNS/DNSSEC platforms and services to ensure they remain secure, scalable, and in full compliance with SLA’s.
As a subject matter expert on DNS you will be required to work collaboratively with mulitple technical teams to champion the strategic importance of DNS to the wider business and mentor team members to enhance their knowledge and technical skills in this area.
Contribute to the ongoing development of DNS related cyber security services
Cover rota’d on-call hours to support and maintain critical services
Represent the organisation at relevant industry events, conferences etc., as the subject matter expert on DNS.
A full list of duties and responsibilities can be provided on application. If you are looking for the opportunity to exercise your technical expertise in the field of Internet systems and want to step into a critical function with an industry shaping organisation then don’t hesitate to apply!