A growing manufacturing business in Thetford are looking to hire an experienced Head of Design for their close knit design team. Reporting into the Managing Director and Owner, you’ll take full responsibility for a small yet very talented Design team, offering technical support on current & future projects, as well as guidance to ensure products are designed, costed and manufactured to the highest standard, in a cost effective way.
You’ll be involved in:
* Innovative conceptual thinking
* R&D of ideas for new products
* R&D of methods of production and systems
* Working with sales staff to develop ideas
* Initial concepts, designs and sketches
* Design drawings for costing
* Producing 3D visuals
* Supervise the production of all prototypes
This is a business critical position and one that offers a huge amount of scope for career progression and development. The right person will have the following skills, experience and background:
* Proven design skills, specifically in SolidWorks
* Commercially focused and a strong leader
* Confident man manager with an ability to develop teams and mentor staff
* Strong manufacturing background, ideally from within the furniture industry/sector
* Ability to analyse and develop ideas for new products
This is a great time to join the business and further develop an already established design team, whilst growing your career and adding value to the wider business.
An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer, which includes
* 25 days holiday per year + 8 Bank Holidays (includes 5 days at Xmas)
* 5% employer contribution to pension upon successful trial period
* Birthdays off
* Flextime to enable flexible start/end times
* Free on site Pilates class once a week
* Annual family BBQ
* Fund-raising for their Charity of the year events
* Fantastic company with staff well-being at its core.
* Contender for best employer in Norfolk Business Awards
If you have the skills and experience required, want to join a fantastic business and work for a company that really values your work, submit a copy of your CV straight away.