Head of Design
Up to £50,000
My client is an Edutech Startup who are aiming to change the learning experience by making resources affordable and easy to access for students and professionals alike. They believe learning should be accessible to anyone and that authors should be supported.
They have recently secured significant funding and are backed by a well-known incubator. They are in the process of acquiring more content and are looking for someone to lead their small design team to work on the upcoming projects.
They are a dynamic Startup with a multicultural team based in Central London. You would be joining a small Startup at a crucial time, so this is an opportunity to take on a significant role in the company as they grow.
You will be the Head of Design and you will define the creative direction of the product and all external channels. They’re looking for someone to lead a team of two Junior Designers and play a significant part in growing the team to around 6 designers by the end of this year.
* Report into the CEO and work closely with the VP of Product.
* Grow and lead the design team which consists of product designers and brand/illustration specialists.
* Work with the Product team to shape their interfaces and user experience with a UCD approach.
* Conduct user research.
* Provide vision and leadership making sure deadlines and processes are defined and stuck to.
* Communicate with the engineering and marketing teams to work cross-functionally.
* Own the creative direction and develop their brand across products, communication platforms and campaigns.
You must have:
* Strong visual and creative skills.
* A detailed portfolio including examples of product design, visual and branding work.
* A Bachelor’s degree in an area of design.
* Experience within a Startup.
* Experience working across cross-functional teams.
* Flexible hours
* Annual staff holiday (2019’s destination was Paris)
* Training and conference budget
* Office dog
UI, User Interface, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Visual Design, Education, Edtech, Edutech, Startup, London, Lead, Mentor, Design, Designers, UX, User Experience, Digital Design,
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.