Lab Technician – Chemicals
TEC Partners are pleased to be working with a market leader in liquid fertilisers in the UK who manufacture and export a diverse product range across the UK, and internationally.
As part of ongoing expansion in the business, they are looking to hire a candidate who will be responsible for safe, efficient and accurate laboratory technician work in King’s Lynn.
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
* Chemical Analyses of customer samples and reporting of results
* Other Laboratory work depending on business requirements
* Quality control of products
* Evaluation of raw materials
* Documenting test results
* Working in accordance with good laboratory practice and guidelines
* Labelling and storage of samples
* Developing new formulations
* Developing and testing of new products
* Ordering of laboratory chemicals and consumables
* General housekeeping of the working areas
Lab Technician Requirements:
The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified, preferably in Chemistry or a related subject. Previous laboratory experience would be preferred, although full training will be provided.
* General analytical chemistry knowledge is essential, producing reliable test results
* Excellent analytical skills, and demonstrable capability of working with complex mixtures
* Experience in analysis of biological wastewater and anaerobic digestion samples is an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided
* Knowledge of using inductively coupled plasma (ICP), gas chromatography (GC) and Segmented Flow Analyser would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided
* Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Effective communication of laboratory results
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the Company and other team members.
* Self-motivated and dependable with exceptional attention to detail
40 hours per week (nominally 08:00am – 16:30pm); some extended hours during busy periods may be required.
A clean UK driving license would be a benefit as some inter site travel may be required.
In return, our client is offering an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment. You will receive a competitive salary, alongside a comprehensive benefits package. If this role sounds of interest, our client is looking to hire immediately, so do not hesitate to apply.