A fantastic new job opportunity has become available with our client, a very well established and continually growing manufacturing business based over two locations in the East of England, Colchester and Aylesbury. Due to continual growth within the department, our client are in need of an experienced Global Technical Support Manager with strong semiconductor product knowledge to join their team. As this role is globally focused, candidates must be comfortable with travelling and be willing to spend a large amount of time away from home. Main areas of travel will be in Asia and the USA.
* Responsible for the management and development of the customer service and support function
* Provide management and leadership to the customer service and support function in relation to pre-determined KPIs
* Application support and management of product testing and service
* Technical preparation of technical documents and specification.
* Support of the commercial team.
* Management the Global Service Engineers for specific products (currently around 8 engineers)
* Establish and maintain a 24/7 support network for products
* Ensure that the customer service and support goals provision are timely, cost effective and meets with customer expectations.
Skills and Experience
* Degree in Physics or Engineering discipline, Mechanical or Electronic
* Good understanding of diagnostic techniques for both electrical, mechanical and software.
* Experience in preparation of technical tenders and specifications
* Experience of managing a global service function
* Strong communication skills across all seniority levels
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This role is an immediate requirement. If your skill set matches the chriteria please dont hesitate to apply.
Job Reference: TPGTSMSC2_1531148698
Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: