TEC Partners have partnered with a well backed Genomic Medicine business in Cambridge who have developed a machine learning platform that is providing actionable insights into the field of Genomic Medicine.
We are seeking a Genomics Data Curator for maternity cover to be based in Cambridge. You will be the focal point responsible for delivering large data sets to the statisticians and clinical team, enabling them to be productive in providing services, which will ultimately better patients’ lives across the globe.
Genomics Data Curator Role:
* Responsible for providing clean, well-prepared data to the Machine Learning team in order for them to produce actionable results
* Prepare data from SQL databases and external data sets to enable model refocusing, including rectifying data quality issues
* Effectively manipulating data, and analyse it to inform the business of actionable insights
* This role is unique in regards to the diversity of the genomic dataset – the business has partnered with leading organisations to access the very best data
* Working closely with the AI and Data teams in a collaborative fashion
Genomics Data Curator Essential Requirements:
* Demonstrable experience in Genomics/Genetics (or a related field)
* Experienced in the preparation, integration and manipulation of large genomic data sets.
* Passionate about diseases and genomic medicine more broadly as an area
* Self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritising to achieve goals in a timely manner.
* Proven background with SQL and relational databases.
* Motivated by being innovative, whilst working towards a commercial framework
* Able to work under time constraints, and be able to effectively prioritise workload accordingly
* Self-motivated and problem-solving by nature
* Friendly, approachable and able to build effective interpersonal relationships
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role comes with a very competitive salary, and the benefits package is leading amongst the industry. Given that this role is urgent, our client is interviewing at short notice and will look to hire as soon as possible, so if you are interested please do not delay in contacting Jamie at TEC Partners Recruitment directly.