Following the introduction of a new Project to the business, we are looking to appoint an experienced Functional Safety Engineer for our growing and well known engineering client in Thetford.
Reporting to the Functional Safety Manager, you will join a growing team to help deliver on niche projects across the business.
You will be responsible for:
* Supporting cross-functional teams on safety issues across the entire project cycle.
* Providing input on projects carried out by the Projects team.
* Draft & prepare formal documentation including Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments, Safety Plans and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
* Functional Safety audits.
* Change management, including Impact Analysis.
* Recognise risks and hazards.
* Keep status trackers up to date.
* Analysis & verification of system requirements
* Plan and follow-up of activities of the safety lifecycle.
* Close cooperation with the Project Managers, Developers and Customers.
* Interacting with system/feature owners to inform and review documentation
In order for your application to be successful, you will need skills, experience and qualifications in the following:
* Experience working to ISO 26262.
* Degree in either Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronics (Desirable)
* Ability to write formal documentation.
* Experience working in either Automotive, Aerospace, Oil & Gas sector, from within a functional safety role.
* Confident communication & technical reporting skills
* Ability to conduct Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments (HARA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) etc.
* Understanding of project management fundamentals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business who are growing steadily and working on some really exciting projects and products. The salary on offer is very attractive and can be tailored to the right candidate, based on their skills and suitability.
If you have the skills and experience required, are looking for an exciting opportunity and want to grow your career long term within a Functional Safety capacity, submit your application straight away to be considered.
Job Reference: J999_1549554855
Salary: + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering