External Executive Communications Consultant
Location: Reading / Remote
Rate: £60,000 – £70,000 pro-rata
Duration: 5 months initially
TEC Partners are working with one of the most recognisable technology brands on the planet, who are currently looking to recruit an External Executive Communications Consultant with experience in the technology industry to join their Global Sales & Marketing Field Transformation Office. As an External Executive Communications Consultant, you will report into the Senior Director of Communications on the Field Transformation Office team, and join a function which plays a leading role in helping to shape the global field strategy as part of the ongoing evolution of the company.
Outreach Programme strategic planning
* Develop the annual plan for the VP of Sales and Marketing Field Transformation incorporating social posts, articles and speaker platform opportunities
* Set targets for outreach growth annually and quarterly
* Weekly connection with VP of Field Transformation on progress, upcoming outreach activities and future opportunities; discuss themes for future articles
* Monthly report and calendar update for Senior Director, Senior Leaders Community & Transformation Communications
Outreach content development
* Create thought leadership articles on a broad range of transformation-related topics for VP of Field Transformation to post on social media (LinkedIn)
* Create a minimum of 8-10 weekly social posts for VP of Transformation. These cover a wide variety of topics including digital transformation, AI, leadership, science, health, organisation culture, opinion pieces and more. Leverage any relevant ad-hoc current affairs topics and incorporate into the plan.
* Create social media weekly calendar and issue spreadsheet embedding developed content 1-2 weeks ahead of posting.
* Monitor outreach activity on VP of Field Transformation social media accounts and ensure all comments/queries/ dialog are responded to
* Ensure regular two-way dialog is ongoing as part of the outreach programme including commenting on other posts/articles of VP’s stakeholders
Outreach platform development
* Keep executive biography up to date
* Develop an external platform calendar event for VP of Field Transformation: identify and screen suitable external platform events for speaking opportunities at C suite level
* Help to maintain external digital transformation narrative updated leveraging existing content
What they are looking for:
* Social channels management experience
* Experienced comms professional with strong writing skills and verbal English communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups. Responsive with strong customer service orientation
* Ambiguity management, self-starter, able to work on own initiative and impact through influence
* Good experience of working with senior leaders and outreach programmes
* Can absorb a lot of information very quickly
* Good understanding of multiple comms channels (videos, imagery assets)
* Can produce multiple assets in short timeframe and concurrently
* Work with many stakeholders across complex global environment, work across time-zones
* Extremely organized, efficient in use of time
* Must have technology industry experience
* Tech-savvy to handle virtual collaboration platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented Communications professional with a background in the tech industry to join one of the biggest and best brands on the planet and play an exciting and crucial role as an External Executive Communications Consultant. If you are an External Executive Communications Consultant, or similar, with the skills and experience listed above, then get in touch right away to find out more!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.