Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £150
Contract Duration: 6 Months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for an Environment Artist to join a big-name client of ours in the gaming industry. Reporting to the Lead Environment Artist, you will be responsible for the creation of gameplay items/weapons, environmental objects/props architecture and beautiful flora to furnishing their game worlds. If you are an Environment Artist with several years’ experience, looking for your next exciting engagement, then look no further!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Creating outstanding game assets from concept that meets their quality bar
* Iterate and improve the look of pre-existing game assets to use in their world that improves player experience
* Take art and design requirements and provide creative solutions to challenging briefs
* Maintain quality control of the artwork you create
* Deliver content on schedule and within technical specifications
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experiences:
* A minimum of 1 years’ experience in game development as a 3D Artist
* Familiar with next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools
* A good artistic eye for detail, colour, value, tone, silhouette, composition etc.
* Competent in relevant art creation software – Maya, Z brush, Photoshop, Substance
* Comfortable working in a pre-defined Art Style
* Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
* Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills, art style
* Have shipped one AAA Console/PC titles as 3D Artist
* Creative and passionate approach to problem-solving
* Able to take and interpret direction and criticism
* Proactive, organised, able to work as part of a team and independently
* Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
* A love of stylised artwork/games
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and thriving team, in a fantastic working environment, and work on large and exciting projects with a big name in the games industry. This is a name you will want on your CV!
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.
Job Reference: NT-EA_1524241799
Salary: Up to £150 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 Month
Job Start Date: